One night in the fancy pay-extra dining room for a special dinner, we got to talking about remember when. Here are a few things we came up with.
- there was live music in the dining room to start dinner?
- a harp played in the top specialty restaurant?
- they actually flamed the cherries jubilee at your table?
- they actually flamed anything in any dining room?
- lobster was a given every formal night?
- there was a welcome aboard and farewell night with the captain? (some still have this)
- there was a strictly enforced dress code?
- you actually had to strap on a life jacket for the drill? (most ships don't require it since they are a tripping hazard)
- tips were optional and you put your tips in an envelope and actually handed it to the servers and stewards?